Wordfast is a Computer Aided Translation (CAT) tool. CAT tools do not translate automatically, but save every part of a translator's work into a database so previous translations can be re-used over, and over, and over again.
- FREE DEMONSTRATION MODE
- Wordfast works with 100% functionality in its Demo mode. The only restriction is a limit of 500 translation units/entries in the Translation Memory. This means Wordfast can be used for free on short to medium sized translation projects. All the functions and features work exactly the same as the licensed version. A Wordfast license is required to remove the TM size limitation from the Wordfast Demonstration Mode.
- Wordfast Training and Support
- Trans Lingual Express is the only Wordfast trainer in Vietnam. We offer Wordfast Licenses and instant access to Wordfast translation resources, public Wordfast translation seminars/workshops and private Wordfast training courses. All of our training courses have an accompanying Manual/User Guide.
- Trans Lingual Express offers the following Wordfast training at regular public seminars or workshops and for private training:
|CAT: Theory and Practice||Introduces the concepts and workings of Computer Aided Translation (CAT). Manual available.|
|CAT/Wordfast Beginner||Introduces the concepts and workings of Computer Aided Translation using Wordfast as the demonstration tool. Attendees get the Demonstration Mode Wordfast installed and working on their computer. Manual available.|
|Plustools||Introduces the concepts of Alignment of previous translations and the tagging of documents that include non-translatable code. Manual available.|
|Wordfast Intermediate||Introduces Wordfast customization features and functions for users already familiar with the basic setups of Wordfast. Manual available.|
|Wordfast Advanced||Introduces specialized Wordfast concepts and customization to Wordfast to the exact and specific needs of the translator. Manual available.|
|Corporate Wordfast||Adaptation and customization of Trans Lingual Express' Wordfast training courses to meet the specific needs of the company.|
|Translation Workflow Design||Analysis of current translation workflow and customized training to address shortfalls or weaknesses and boost ROI per translator.|
- What does Wordfast actually do?
- Wordfast increases translation productivity and quality by using the computer to save text that is being translated into a database (called a Translation Memory or TM) so that it can be re-used in the future. It also lets the translator use local or remote glossaries or TMs and Machine Translation (MT) software. In some situations, Wordfast can increase translation productivity by as much as 60%.
- Who uses Wordfast and why?
- Wordfast has been independently ranked as the #1 CAT tool for learnability, ease of use, value for money and customer support. Wordfast is now used by:
- - over 13,000 Professional Translators and Freelance Translators worldwide. Over 5,000 of these translators form one of the most active online help networks on the planet;
- - more than 300 Governments, Corporations, including many Fortune 500 companies, Institutions and Translation Agencies around the world;
- - at least 100 Universities, Colleges, Training Institutions and NGO's across the globe.
- Supported languages
- Wordfast can be used for any languages that can be opened and displayed correctly by Microsoft Word.
- System Requirements PC
- Wordfast will work on any MS Windows Operating System that can run MS-Word 97 or later. It does not need other resources (.dll, .exe files, etc.).
- Wordfast works best on OSX.